Goodbyes

Hey all, 
Some of you might have noticed that I'm not posting regularly these days. Again I would say it's a writing block. Getting rid of this slump is so difficult. Distraction is my friend these days. I'm not here to cry over this today.
Leaving all behind, I'm here to share a poem that I'd written ( okay, I admit, typed) while sitting on the bench of one of those old dusty crowded roads where I visit again and again with the promise to never visit back.
I'm here leaving you and the year 2021 with this poem. We'll meet again with new story and a new year. 
Happy New Year
With Love
Nidhi
These dusty streets, 
small shops, 
Vendors of sweets, 
all are selling hopes. 
They promise
that it will transform you, 
You'll not miss
out and will be able to woo
every one with your charm, 
And there's no harm
in hiding your soul
when you can easily play the role
of happy go lucky man, 
works as much as you can. 
They sell dreams
we are the buyers 
There's a scam, it may seem, 
but we're too tired
to find out
Our soul is bored
of same old cloak. 
Let's buy few dreams
crushing old ones
Now there's no turn back
Let's place new ones on our rack.

Comments

Post a Comment

My photo
Nidhi katoch
A silent observer in search of her TRUE HOME. If you like my writings, do comment and share... Views are extremely personal and are original writings of mine.

Popular posts from this blog

Token of memory

Speck of dust

Musings

The Day We Met...

Words

Talking in between the Silence

Connect me through Social Media