Musings

I was sitting on the wooden roof of the cafe, trying to comprehend the meaning of my life. I heard a human voice from the sky and looked upward. While paragliding people looked like birds flying in the sky, as if they own the sky.

As humans we always want to fly, free and wild. To break my chain of thoughts and to amuse myself, I started observing others in the cafe. A group of teenage girls was occupied in gossiping. "Why can't they just sit and enjoy the scenery? ", I remarked. A man in his early twenties, with a camera in his hands, was clicking pictures of hills. " A fine, sunny day to take pictures, but what's the use of beautifying something that is already beautiful? " I said in my mind, "But that's not of my concern. I'm doing the same thing here judging others and ignoring beauty. " I could feel the sting of jealous and contempt in my thoughts. 

Mid day sun was up and it's warmth melted the snow settled in my heart. Two children were playing in their dry empty farm. They were vying to reach the first by putting leaf from above in a small canal passing through step fields. If they reached first they would laugh at themselves,  they would then go up and repeat the same process. One of them saw me staring and smiling at them. He told his partner and they both placed hands on their mouth and started giggling. I waved at them. They gave their innocent smiles and waved back. And I lost in my thoughts again. 

It was evening now. I was about to leave that place when I heard those little kids shouting at top of their voices, "Bye Didi, come back tomorrow". I felt content at my newly formed friendship and their trust in me. I waved them goodbye and headed home. 

Comments

Post a Comment

My photo
Nidhi katoch
A silent observer in search of her TRUE HOME. If you like my writings, do comment and share... Views are extremely personal and are original writings of mine.

Popular posts from this blog

Token of memory

Speck of dust

The Day We Met...

Words

Talking in between the Silence

Connect me through Social Media