Vagabond

 "We've reached, madam.", said my cabby. I opened my heavy eyelids and look outside but all I could see were the window panes covered with dew. It was a cold January morning. I glanced at my mobile to know the time. It was showing at 7:00 AM. My legs were cold and my feet were numb inside my boots. I had to make the decision, the time had come. I wasn't sure if I was ready for that or not. I didn't know what came to my mind and drew a smiley on the dewy pane. I could see a few figures moving around, Two feminine in red and blue jackets and three masculine in greys and blacks. I also saw a man roaming around and three lambs following him and waging their tails, feeding on wet brown grass. "He must be local", I thought to myself.

I asked my driver to have tea from a nearby shop and wait for me until I came back. The only shop whose owner was kind enough to come at this cold hour of the morning to serve many other lost people like me. I carried my backpack and went to stroll around the hill. The mist was all around. I couldn't even clearly see what was ahead of me after two feet. I kept on walking looking around. "A hooded figure lost in the mist, I don't know how and where. ", I laughed over my description. I was on the upper valley from where I could see the neighboring village, the whole village covered with mist one or two lights flickering. The sun was about to rise I could see the red hue in the sky. Suddenly I realized I had to go to another destination. I started walking at a fast pace. My heart was pouncing. My hands, oh they were so numb and blue. At that moment I wanted someone by my side, with whom I could complete this walk.

I dropped my backpack and decided to look back again. The sun was there, calm and serene, nearly on my level, with a dark blue sky behind. I again pick up my backpack to reach my driver. He asked me whether I wanted to go further or not. I nodded yes. He looked at me with concern, aware of the risk ahead. I didn't reply and without caring about what was ahead, contently closed my eyes as I had already witnessed the most beautiful sunrise. 

Comments

Post a Comment

My photo
Nidhi katoch
A silent observer in search of her TRUE HOME. If you like my writings, do comment and share... Views are extremely personal and are original writings of mine.

Popular posts from this blog

Token of memory

Speck of dust

Musings

The Day We Met...

Words

Talking in between the Silence

Connect me through Social Media