Fate

I looked at his face, once again, before saying a final goodbye. I looked around the room, there was a crack in the wall, a thin crack, like the lines of my palm. Lines of Fate. Fate! What a strange thing. There wasn't much change when I was here before. I saw my name on the wall, which I had written with coal. I still wondered what had brought him here. There wasn't much left for me to say, so I left. 

It was a cold December night, my hands were freezing. I could feel the cold breeze on my lips. New moon night, made me realize that beautiful things, people, and thoughts always deceive you. They left! It is the sun who is always there for you.    Even covered with clouds, it provides light. It's my fault I fell for the moon and thought that warmth would stay forever. 

Through the window of the old house, in the lane, I saw a ghost staring at me. It started to grow bigger and bigger. I stood there, motionless, staring back at the eyes of the ghost. It was about to engulf me when I heard a loud horn. Distracted! When I looked again in that direction, there was no one. It was just a figment of imagination. Sadness makes one see ghosts. Maybe our own ghost. 

When I reached my place, I picked up my guitar and started to play another folk tune. After all now I've only these folk tunes with me which made me feel at home. 

“राति वो बाराती मत आउंदा कुंजूआ

वैरी भरियाँ बंदूकां हो हाय , मेरिये जिन्दे वैरी भरियाँ बंदूकां हो ”

Comments

Post a Comment

My photo
Nidhi katoch
A silent observer in search of her TRUE HOME. If you like my writings, do comment and share... Views are extremely personal and are original writings of mine.

Popular posts from this blog

Token of memory

Speck of dust

Musings

The Day We Met...

Words

Talking in between the Silence

Connect me through Social Media