Reading in the dark...



It was two O'clock when my sleep broke suddenly, just after half an hour. The rice lights on my book rack was illuminating the whole room. It was late spring night. I could hear the song of nightingale.
Since, I'm not a sound sleeper anymore like I used to before, during my teenage, I got up from my bed and pick up the book to read without switching on the light. I placed it on my table and switched on my table lamp. I sat on the position facing window. 
It was nearly five thirty when my eyes felt heavy. I decided to sleep for a while. I lay on my bed and closed my eyes.
The owl which often sits on the street light outside my window, I heard its hooting. My mother opened the door of my room to ask me to wake up. I told her about my sleeplessness and slept again. I felt the third foot under my feet and hand on shoulder. Something was holding me. There were limbs but not body! It sent chill down my spine. I tried to switch on the light but couldn't find the switch. I was not able to see anything except a shadow on the wall.
I opened my eyes suddenly. I felt the cool breeze of early morning on my skin. The clock was showing 5:40 am. My door was still shut, the day had broken up.
I picked up my book again and lost in the world of Bennets and their hunt for groom.

Comments

Post a Comment

My photo
Nidhi katoch
A silent observer in search of her TRUE HOME. If you like my writings, do comment and share... Views are extremely personal and are original writings of mine.

Popular posts from this blog

Token of memory

Speck of dust

Musings

The Day We Met...

Words

Talking in between the Silence

Connect me through Social Media