Medication

"Yes! It does cause pain when they insert the syringe into the arm. But now it doesn't matter anymore. I'm just used to it. ", I heard a girl talking to a bunch of ladies. She is younger than me, might be a teenager! She is telling it so casually that people like me can never comprehend the pain she must have gone through, that she doesn't feel it anymore. 

"And why are you crying so badly, little stranger? Are you afraid? Have you already sensed the pain you're about to go through? How can fate be so cruel to you? How can it be so cruel to anybody? I wish I could take your pain away. But how can I? Your parents are almost my age. Why on earth they're destined to suffer when they decided to start a family."

This so-called healing place! I have to admit that healing places witness more suffering than anywhere else in the world.

"Ah! I admire that you want me to have a seat, Dear Sir. But, I can't have it. In a place where people are supposed to get comfort, I'm feeling most uncomfortable. You've wisdom hidden in these greys. You seem to be a tough man who has made it to this day. But, today you're so vulnerable. You're holding your son's hand who's trying to look calm and careless."

"So, What about me, Comrade? What are they thinking about me? Is my mask enough to hide inner me? How much you despise my black clothing! It's only because of you I wear colours. Soon our work will be over here. We might never get to see these faces. And I wish I'll be able to forget them forever."

I  just realised I'm having the conversation in my head,  Our names have been called and the work is about to be complete. 

Before leaving I turn my gaze toward that girl. Her eyes are fixed on us. God knows why I'm not courageous enough to wave goodbye. I just come out from the place like a blind, deaf, dumb and heartless person. 

 

Comments

Post a Comment

My photo
Nidhi katoch
A silent observer in search of her TRUE HOME. If you like my writings, do comment and share... Views are extremely personal and are original writings of mine.

Popular posts from this blog

Token of memory

Speck of dust

Musings

The Day We Met...

Words

Talking in between the Silence

Connect me through Social Media