Window to the World

 'There's a musty smell here', said my sister. I nodded in agreement. The paint was crumpled from place to place. The damp walls of that old building were the proof that sunlight hardly enters there except through a window on corridor that too only in evening. The whole place was surrounded by pines and monkeys.

Since, the hall was filled with people I decided to stand by the window. I walked through the hall pretending I'm on call.

I've always been fascinated by windows. No matter whatever the view is! Sunrays were kind enough to fall over my head. I peek outside the window, all I could see was trees, trees and trees.

I started to hum and few lines of Sara Teasdale's poem came to my mind-

"But why do the pines on mountain's crest

Call to me always, "Rest, rest"? "

I've a deep relationship with pines. They remind me of my transition from a teenager to an adult. How I fell in love, how I lose friends, how I experienced my first, no second failure, how I used to do things without giving second thought. These pines hold so many secrets of mine. God knows how many secrets pines have absorbed in themselves.

Once I move from the places I never turn to look back at them. I never want to. Even today if someone asks me to go and relive those nostalgic moments I'd say 'No'. I've always been like this. Yes, sometimes I go to the flashbacks for few moments but revisiting those places is not my thing. I know some might find me weird, selfish or whatever, It's none.... 

'What are you thinking for so long? Come, let's go outside.', said my sister. 'And hang out with monkeys!', I replied laughingly. 

I walked towards her. This time I decided to turn back to look at that beautiful window. I felt that window smiled at me and said, " Someday the window to my dreamland will open for me which will be mine and I'll get to stand there for forever." 

Comments

Post a Comment

My photo
Nidhi katoch
A silent observer in search of her TRUE HOME. If you like my writings, do comment and share... Views are extremely personal and are original writings of mine.

Popular posts from this blog

Token of memory

Speck of dust

Musings

The Day We Met...

Words

Talking in between the Silence

Connect me through Social Media