Our story


 "परछाईयाँ रह जाती
रह जाती निशानी है
ज़िंदगी और कुछ भी नहीं
तेरी मेरी कहानी है"
(Loose translation:
There remains only shadows
and memories
Life is nothing
But story of you and mine. )

These lyrics of an old Hindi song somehow stuck in my head and I was singing them repeatedly. I looked out of the bus window, there was mist rising from the hills above. I stare at the mobile screen of my co-passenger who was sitting a seat ahead of mine. He was busy recording the scenery in his phone. 'Do these gadgets really serve complete justice to the nature's beauty?', I thought to myself.
"Life is nothing
But a recording
of our days and nights
our struggles and fights
our tears and smiles. "
I started to add few more verses and laugh out loud. Few eyes moved toward my direction to make me embarrass enough to shut my mouth. Who the hell am I to alter this beautiful song with my ugly verses! Sometimes I think technology has brought us all under same roof, we all have almost same issue. We all talk of blood and sweat. Not to forget hustle culture. As if we've nothing else to say. We all are someone else's entertainment. We are the products and we are the consumers. We are the news and we are the viewers as well. 
Thinking all this when I dozed off I don't remember. My friend poked me on my stomach to ask what was I mumbling. All I had to say was:
"My friend! 
Life is nothing
But story of you and mine."

Comments

Post a Comment

My photo
Nidhi katoch
A silent observer in search of her TRUE HOME. If you like my writings, do comment and share... Views are extremely personal and are original writings of mine.

Popular posts from this blog

Token of memory

Speck of dust

Musings

The Day We Met...

Words

Talking in between the Silence

Connect me through Social Media