Gust of memories

'I don't think it'll rain today, 'You said to me. 'Look how the sun is shining.'

I didn't make any reply. We kept on walking in that silent corridor. Occasionally one or two people passed by us. For a while I took off the mask to breathe freely and soak my face in fresh air and sunshine. 'There's the scent of old almonds here.', I said to you. But according to you it had a wet earthy scent.

Every place carries a different scent. We often associate memories with fragrances. That fragrance was reminding me of an old house made of mud which had been closed for a long time and I had written my name on its wall with coal. The next day was a great spectacle like in every Indian village. Because the owner of the house who had shifted to his new pucca house, had complained at home itself. I got scolded and scolded more for showing my teeth.

'Just because you're now capable of writing your name, it doesn't mean you should show it off everywhere. They'll eventually know it someday. ', accidentally these words fell out of my mouth. 

You gave me a questioned look, unaware of my thoughts. 

'Some great man said so', all I could reply.

Wind had brought black clouds from somewhere. You asked me to hurry up and click pictures before clouds would cover the sun.

'You're looking like this flower today!' You pointed toward orange Lily.

'Yes, It'd called me last night and asked me to dress up like it.'

We laughed heartily and started to collect memories in our devices.

Comments

Post a Comment

My photo
Nidhi katoch
A silent observer in search of her TRUE HOME. If you like my writings, do comment and share... Views are extremely personal and are original writings of mine.

Popular posts from this blog

Token of memory

Speck of dust

Musings

The Day We Met...

Words

Talking in between the Silence

Connect me through Social Media