Floating Hand



The habit of reading keeps me awake for hours.  It is not that I only read, sometimes it's my heart that keeps me awake. I try to comprehend the meaning of life or what do these dogs try to say to each other? I don't usually switch on the lights in my room. During the day it's the sunlight that fills my whole room and during the night thanks to my gram panchayat for the street lamp in front of my window. 
Like any other day, I was reading at my desk, facing the open window. It was a moonless summer night, dark and gruesome. I heard the shrill cries. At first, I thought of cats. But that was a strange sound, I haven't heard before. I got up and peeked out of the window. The sight nearly took my heart to the mouth. I could feel the lump in my throat. 
I saw the shadow of a hand floating on the ground. But where was the body? It intrigued me. Then I realized that the shadow is falling opposite my window but that was not my hand. As I could see the shadow of three hands, two of mine and one of the others. There was no one behind me. Or maybe my eyes couldn't see the person behind me. But, the hand was still floating. I felt my head spinning. 
The next morning, I woke up at my desk with a wound on my head. I have no idea to this day, whose hand was that. 

Comments

Post a Comment

My photo
Nidhi katoch
A silent observer in search of her TRUE HOME. If you like my writings, do comment and share... Views are extremely personal and are original writings of mine.

Popular posts from this blog

Token of memory

Speck of dust

Musings

The Day We Met...

Words

Talking in between the Silence

Connect me through Social Media