Dusk


I was gazing at the sunset from the corner window. The sun was below the horizon. There's something in the beauty of twilight that can't be ignored. The sky was shining like a canvas painted by a painter. When the birds passed through the sight it seemed that the painter had dropped a few black drops of paint on his precious painting so that it could be saved by evil eye.
The howling of dogs, birds going back to their nests, cattle grazing fields to their owner’s place. I'm sitting here putting my thoughts into words, carefully choosing them and decorating them like books on my shelf.  I don't care about being told that I'm two-faced, it's not my problem if they have forgotten that every coin has two sides. After travelling, losing and winning, moving mountains or bowing before them, chasing butterflies, battling dragons, and taming wolves I've learned that in the end, I'm my only friend, in the end, I have to fight my battles. Although my fine with that sometimes I do wish to have a guiding light in my life. I think I’ll have to carry Flambeau to the end of the tunnel or maybe burn myself like one.

I turned my radio on and said goodbye to the day while humming my favourite melody: 
“जानूं ना, जानूं ना, उलझन ये जानूं ना
सुलझाऊं कैसे कुछ समझ ना पाऊं
किस को मीत बनाऊं, किसकी प्रीत भुलाऊं”
(loose translation: Don't know how should I solve this conundrum, whom should I befriend and who am I supposed to leave) 
“कई बार यूं भी देखा है
ये जो मन की सीमा रेखा है, मन तोड़ने लगता है
अंजानी प्यास के पीछे, अंजानी आस के पीछे, मन दौड़ने लगता है”
(loose translation: We build these walls across our hearts and sometimes our heart tries to break them and run hopelessly behind that unattainable love). 

[Lyricist: Yogesh, Singer: Mukesh
Movie: Rajanigandha (Basu Chatterji) ]

Comments

Post a Comment

My photo
Nidhi katoch
A silent observer in search of her TRUE HOME. If you like my writings, do comment and share... Views are extremely personal and are original writings of mine.

Popular posts from this blog

Token of memory

Speck of dust

Musings

The Day We Met...

Words

Talking in between the Silence

Connect me through Social Media