Voice of Lake

I watched green water moving back and forth while sitting on the shore. Fall had arrived. I felt the chill in the breeze. The sun was subtly shining. I always feel like there's a  blue hue in the cool bright mornings. I so badly wanted to pick the colours of the day and paint them on some blank canvas. I tried to understand what water was trying to say. What message was it trying to convey and for whom?

Sometimes these sounds of water appear cheerful to me, sometimes sad and sometimes these are neutral as if the lake is immersed in deep thought. This water has listened to many stories and problems. It has become a partner in the loneliness of many people. It has witnessed many winnings and embraced the tears of defeat within itself. 

But where does this lake share its thoughts? At night when everyone leaves for their homes, with whom does it share its emotions? When I lie down on my bed I usually hear that the lake is crying. Who is going to soothe its pain? 

I was so overwhelmed with my emotions that I made up my mind to immediately leave. I heard a voice behind my back that Lake shares its hopes and dreams with the stars and moon. It cries with grey skies and dances with rain. It roars during a storm and calms itself with the rising sun. We might not hear or understand what a lake has to say but it is not necessary no one will. 

I turned to look at the face of the voice. It was the same face who travelled with me last night. I smiled and made some room for him to sit. He sat there with me and we kept on listening to the water. 

Comments

Post a Comment

My photo
Nidhi katoch
A silent observer in search of her TRUE HOME. If you like my writings, do comment and share... Views are extremely personal and are original writings of mine.

Popular posts from this blog

Token of memory

Speck of dust

Musings

The Day We Met...

Words

Talking in between the Silence

Connect me through Social Media