In the Silence of Night

I was roaming on the rooftop at night blowing rings of smoke. Oh, these late hours when I can't make up my mind if should I sleep or wait for morning to see the sun. I checked the call logs. Not a single call was there. There's not going to be any.  I scrolled the internet only to throw away my phone. I swore loudly. What a relief! The full moon scattered its light all over the place. I could see those rings rising clearly in that light. I kind of felt bad for smoking again.

I stubbed my cigarette under the shoe. I tried to enjoy nature like I used to before. But inspiration wasn't there. I've been travelling a lot for the past few years. And those shards again renew my wound the moment I return to my place again.

Why doesn't the sky ever become black here? I cursed the place again. But who was I to blame? I'd chosen to come here. Now I'd to collect the mess I'd made of myself. Isn't it the fun of making your decision, that you own your mistakes without looking at someone’s face? Moving on is easy. Without looking back you can easily leave everything behind. Because you know you never belonged there. Or you've been forced to realize. Whatever might be the reason? One thing I've learned from The Thorns and Mirrors is that your intuition is never wrong. It never was. It never will ditch you. 

Winds touched my hair gently. I looked at that November sky again. Somewhere far someone is listening to some 40-50s melody. I couldn't listen to the lyrics properly but started humming along with the song. I picked up my guitar, tuned it and played till dawn. 

Comments

Post a Comment

My photo
Nidhi katoch
A silent observer in search of her TRUE HOME. If you like my writings, do comment and share... Views are extremely personal and are original writings of mine.

Popular posts from this blog

Token of memory

Speck of dust

Musings

The Day We Met...

Words

Talking in between the Silence

Connect me through Social Media