Setting Free...


Today when I opened the door to the roof I could feel the last night's rain all over my skin. The cuckoo was singing while perching over Gulmohar. Beautiful red flowers, which I find fiercely bright in summer's heat, looked so calm on this cool morning. I usually wonder what makes this cuckoo sing all day long. 

A white feather came and settled over my palm. Whose message are you carrying today oh dear feather? I let it go with a little blow. How long can I have hold of it? People are like a feather too. You can't hold them for long. They'll go on their travel eventually.  Our love and our faith can't hold them. They don't owe us anything. If they do, then nature doesn't.

A few days ago a fakeer came to me singing, I don't remember the exact words but he was saying, 'Finally bird Soar away breaking his cage, today'. His song moved me and my eyes became misty. When I offered him the money he politely refused by saying he had earned enough for the day and asked me to let the bird fly freely. He left dancing to the tune of his song. 

I hadn't even realized yet that I'm holding the flight of my bird. I'm not good with farewells, I didn't get to bid farewell. I know it's not easy for me, not for anyone. But it's necessary, it's the rule. Rules that are written by nature, without our consent. Oh! Mother Nature how can you be so nurturing and cruel at the same time? I can't fight with you. I know I'm not guilty why does it feel like guilt? 

Well, I'm learning to let things go. I'm lucky to be surrounded by beautiful people. Maybe someday I'll embrace acceptance. 

And true satisfaction will fall over my lap. 

Comments

Post a Comment

My photo
Nidhi katoch
A silent observer in search of her TRUE HOME. If you like my writings, do comment and share... Views are extremely personal and are original writings of mine.

Popular posts from this blog

Token of memory

Speck of dust

Musings

The Day We Met...

Words

Talking in between the Silence

Connect me through Social Media