Homeliness


The breeze was silent today. I tried to converse with Breeze but was of no use. Even the trees were still today. An old man passed beside me. And I could tell that he had just smoked a beedi. I looked down over my dirty sneakers. I have wandered so much on these roads that even my dreams are filled with these. I lost myself, find myself here, I fly here, I hide here, I run marathons here, in these fields. These fields are so vast that they seem to be the base for the great Himalayas. I vividly remember me and a friend were scolded for ruining someone's field. How his mother fixed it up hastily and left it to avoid a fight with nosey Aunty. How funny childhood is!

Jumping over the muddy puddles after rain, socks and boots all smeared. Trying to cover your group of 8 people under two umbrellas during rain. Mangoes peeked through someone's house boundary wall. We stole them and members of that house pretended they didn't know a thing. I can never stay in a place, it's difficult for me to feel at home. But I do like to visit the place where I'd been moulded to become the person I'm today, where I wasn't aware of the word innocence but it did exist surrounding me, in me. Where every night was filled with stars and stories.

Going back to places isn't easy. Trees have vanished, fields have posh houses and my people are not there. They have gone somewhere else, they are on another journey. Our paths are not supposed to cross and they never will. Or they might be! Who knows? One thing is sure I'm always going to be the one with muddy shoes who has walked a lot.

Comments

Post a Comment

My photo
Nidhi katoch
A silent observer in search of her TRUE HOME. If you like my writings, do comment and share... Views are extremely personal and are original writings of mine.

Popular posts from this blog

Token of memory

Speck of dust

Musings

The Day We Met...

Words

Talking in between the Silence

Connect me through Social Media