Wish you were here...

 

"The mist, like love, plays upon the heart of the hills and brings out surprises of beauty.", I found myself muttering these words of Rabindranath Tagore while we were sipping our tea.

It was nearly 6 in the evening when we reached Gadegal Homestay. I listened to the conversation between our host and my friend. Conversation in Hindi with the pinch of pahadi dialect. Melodious in its own way.

The mist was hovering over the cedars in front of our balcony. One or two vehicles were passing occasionally through the empty road below. We fixed our gaze toward the view and tried to relax after the long day in Shimla. The cool breeze of Narkanda kissed our skins. One could easily sense the hint of snow in them. 

Sometimes I can't understand the kind of paradox I'm. I always brag about not being a nature person. How much I love the monuments of concrete. And again I found myself there, in the mountains, so close to the nature. In between the play of mist and clouds, night prevailed. When we came inside our room, I immediately made myself home at attic leaving the main bed behind. Attic! Room on its own, still neither qualified as room nor as roof. Somehow like our personalities are neither complete nor empty.

I was busy scrolling my phone, after relishing homemade food served there, the rain starts to pour. By the sound of rain, I could tell it was torrential rain. I decided to lie there instead of going out to see what others were doing. The rain music was enough for me. I stared at the wooden ceiling and when the familiar, homely feeling made me fall asleep, I couldn't recall.

I woke with the chirrups of sparrow, as I went outside to check the weather. The sun had spread its rays. Now I could see the Apple orchids more clearly, which were hidden due to the evening mist.

It was our time to go, leave the place, to leave behind the bright sun and smiling sky. As our attendant picked our bags for the vehicle, my friend asked if I would consider coming back here again. I just smiled in response, as I usually do. But in my heart I knew I would comeback. 

Comments

Post a Comment

My photo
Nidhi katoch
A silent observer in search of her TRUE HOME. If you like my writings, do comment and share... Views are extremely personal and are original writings of mine.

Popular posts from this blog

Token of memory

Speck of dust

Musings

The Day We Met...

Words

Talking in between the Silence

Connect me through Social Media