Late Night Ramblings


It's nearly 1 am, I can hear rain outside. Sleep has left my eyes and I'm eating instant noodles. A flickering light coming from my laptop as I'm watching a movie directed by Basu Chatterjee. I know almost every dialogue.

I wonder how many people are waking up at this hour of the night. Is everyone happy or satisfied? What has deprived them of their sleep? Do they feel lonely? Or are they talking to their loved ones right now? Funny how we all are awake and alone but still are together awake under the night sky.

A lot of people ask me how much pahadi I'm. I just push aside this question by telling I'm not a mountain person. Well, I can tell by looking at the grey skies that it's snowing in the mountains above. I can feel the winds of mountains from the plains. I might like city life, but when night prevails I lie on my bed I start to miss the clear black sky, my open window, the moonlit room, and the stars.

There's a blank space in my heart that always remains void no matter how much I try. I wonder if these awake people behind the closed windows have the same? 

"न जाने क्यूँ, होता है ये ज़िंदगी के साथ

अचानक ये मन

किसी के जाने के बाद करे फिर उसकी याद

छोटी छोटी सी बात न जाने क्यूँ"

 [Loose translation: no one knows why this happens when our beloved left us and our heart aches again and again by remembering their little moments]*

I get the answer when this song starts to play on my laptop. Nobody knows why we feel a void inside us but the pain is universal. So, there's no point in overthinking. By this thought, I returned to my movie happily. 



*Songwriters: Salil Chowdhury / Yogesh

*Movie: Choti si Baat by Basu Chatterjee 

 

Comments

Post a Comment

My photo
Nidhi katoch
A silent observer in search of her TRUE HOME. If you like my writings, do comment and share... Views are extremely personal and are original writings of mine.

Popular posts from this blog

Token of memory

Speck of dust

Musings

The Day We Met...

Words

Talking in between the Silence

Connect me through Social Media