Challenge

You know stars still shine here. When I came back here and looked above the night sky I started to think of you again. Half of the moon was hiding behind clouds as if was peeking playfully. Venus on the west side shined so brightly. I wanted to fill my eyes with all the stars before I lose them here too. You know stars don't shine on the other side.

When the rain stops at night, fireflies rise and filled the whole place. Night Jasmine blooms, raindrops that are settled over a lamppost start to fall. My hand automatically reach out and try to fill those pearls. Because the drops which settle on my palm stay a little more than those that fall directly on the ground. 

Vines have covered all the fences, and some wild lilies are there. Mornings are so dull, without any fuss. Sun doesn't smile, it just comes to fulfil duties and to go back. Because no matter how much you try to run away you have to face the things. Your heart might reside somewhere far but things don't run by heart. I too have learnt to ignore the beats of my heart.

The folded pages of books, and bookmarks in some of them, tell me the story you left incomplete. I unfold those pages and read some lines to know what was going on in your heart. Your internal battles. I run my finger over the crease of paper in the hope to feel your touch and fold it again. 

We are like rivers that originate from mountains but have to leave to meet the sea. But remember some part of them always remain there. The winds might not be in my direction but the flow can be changed. In the end, I just want to tell you we are still determined like that northern star.

Comments

Post a Comment

My photo
Nidhi katoch
A silent observer in search of her TRUE HOME. If you like my writings, do comment and share... Views are extremely personal and are original writings of mine.

Popular posts from this blog

Token of memory

Speck of dust

Musings

The Day We Met...

Words

Talking in between the Silence

Connect me through Social Media