Lurking Ghost

It was a summer night of June. I was walking on the terrace. A shower of rain had made the night humid as well. My whole body was smeared with petrichor. I wished for once everything would stop. These constantly moving vehicles on the lane below and those irritating sounds of fifteen second videos which were coming from the terrace of another building attached to ours. Sometimes I start to hate these videos serving us the entertainment we don't even ask for, we don't really want (and definitely I don't really need). Like every other person, I'm also guilty of recording and binge watching these videos. It's hard to ignore them as much as it's hard to stop inhaling the pollutants of the environment.

The only way I could think of peace was to turn on my headphones. But music wasn't able to put me at ease. I failed to find something interesting to read on my phone. Then I decided to let the thoughts come to me and go. Whenever I can't control the situations around me, I just let them happen. The same thing I applied to chaos which was boiling inside my mind. Sometimes even thoughts get tired of tiring the mind.

I tried to think of some ghost story which I could write or tell to my friends (my only audience! ). Some ideas came to mind but they blew off with the blow of horns. Ghosts can't live in these cities. They love to reside in noiseless, still, far from humans, lonely, dark-damp settlements. Where the sun hardly smiles and leafless trees intertwined with each other. I think I'm wrong with the idea of leafless trees, we should leave ghosts with their choice, leaf or no leaf. An old ambassador covered with moss and vines would look best in the vicinity of ghosts. Obviously, my home is in the hills so my ghost was also from there and it wasn't of any king or queen, it was just a normal ghost who lived a life of anonymity and entered ghosthood to find an identity. 

To calm the chaos in our minds we behave like ghosts, some like to run to peaceful places and some are just cocooned in their houses to avoid people. 

A loud car with hoarse songs of youths passed the lane and the ghost of my imagination flew far to the mountains. I stayed there for a while and waited for its return, but the ghost was gone forever. 

 

Comments

Post a Comment

My photo
Nidhi katoch
A silent observer in search of her TRUE HOME. If you like my writings, do comment and share... Views are extremely personal and are original writings of mine.

Popular posts from this blog

Token of memory

Speck of dust

Musings

The Day We Met...

Words

Talking in between the Silence

Connect me through Social Media