Evening with You

After a long day of discussion about where should we go, we finally decided to go to Rose Garden, always a favorite place to hang out. It was the time of early summer. I was afraid that my white Kurti might get dirty from sitting on the ground. But still, you convinced me to sit there.

You brought two ice creams from the nearby booth. We chatted for hours or one can say you were doing the whole talk and I was making hilarious remarks about that. 

We have never been a relationship between flowers and chocolates. Even I like flowers more on plants than on bouquets. I don't know what came over you and you plucked a few blades of grass and place them behind my ear like hair accessories. 

'Who needs flowers when you can wear grass', I said laughingly. I started brooding over our negligence toward the grass, we never romanticize it like roses. Still, we can't imagine a garden without it. I was about to think and write a whole thesis on our inattentiveness toward the grass, you shook me to ask what I am thinking so profusely. You might have got the idea from my expressions and silence. I just brushed off the thought. 

In the warm hours of dusk, we decided to come out of the garden and headed to our favorite Momo stall.

The breeze kissed the leaves,

grass sang happily

and roses danced to that rhythm. 

Comments

Post a Comment

My photo
Nidhi katoch
A silent observer in search of her TRUE HOME. If you like my writings, do comment and share... Views are extremely personal and are original writings of mine.

Popular posts from this blog

Token of memory

Speck of dust

Musings

The Day We Met...

Words

Talking in between the Silence

Connect me through Social Media