Wilderness


Once upon a time, 
in the barren land of my heart
edifice of modesty was built. 
I was asked to remain
inside, to not cross the threshold.
 A Wallflower creeped out 
from the cracks of veins, 
fed on my blood, 
multiplied itself and spread 
all over the place, 
on every wall, roof and windowpanes. 

Oh dear, for how long one could
put the wilderness 
behind the bars. 
The roots had reached 
below the substratum,
Weakened were the walls now. 
On one dark night, 
thunder came to play, 
Shocked were the walls, 
took the roof away. 
Walls fell down, 
There came light, 
Rainbow smiled, 
Wind blew calmly
Flowers grew
happily ever after. 

 

Comments

Post a Comment

My photo
Nidhi katoch
A silent observer in search of her TRUE HOME. If you like my writings, do comment and share... Views are extremely personal and are original writings of mine.

Popular posts from this blog

Token of memory

Speck of dust

Musings

The Day We Met...

Words

Talking in between the Silence

Connect me through Social Media