Counting Stars

This starless sky, Smoke coming out of vehicles often makes me think that those silent nights spent under the stars back in the home were way better. Home where we could spend the whole night counting stars and watching the moon. I miss those endless chats and how we used to identify the constellations. The science and mythology related to them. How those stars always stay together. We wished for staying together like those stars in Ursa major. 

During monsoon nights when we tried to catch fireflies, the fragrance of jasmine had reached its peak. That sound of rain over the slate roof, the breeze coming from the direction of the mountain, a breath of fresh snow. The turning of our conversation from season to finding the meaning of love and life. You used to stress the fact that having company is a good idea while I believed in having some alone moments. No one is right or wrong in this kind of discussion. You had your experience, I had mine. 

Well, that was a long time ago. Now even your departure from my life has become an old entry in my list of experiences. I no longer live there, not even you. While sipping my coffee in the morning when I think about that time, our small haven comes in front of my eyes and it seems to me that place is looking at me with longing eyes like an orphan.

Comments

Post a Comment

My photo
Nidhi katoch
A silent observer in search of her TRUE HOME. If you like my writings, do comment and share... Views are extremely personal and are original writings of mine.

Popular posts from this blog

Token of memory

Speck of dust

Musings

The Day We Met...

Words

Talking in between the Silence

Connect me through Social Media